- 2 large peeled and roughly chopped carrots
- 5 medium peeled and cored apples
- 3-4 chopped capsicums
- 10 cups sliced ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 24 large garlic cloves
- 14 medium jalapenos, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons salt
The above recipe comes from Natasha.
Whilst this is a really easy recipe, you might need to halve the amounts, but the bigger batch can be bottled in sterilised jars and kept in the fridge – if it lasts that long…….
- Using a food processor separately mince carrots, apples, capsicums and tomatoes and place them in large pot.
- Bring this to the boil on a high heat and boil gently till the contents are boiling, stirring continually to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.
- Mince the garlic and jalapenos together in a food processor.
- Add the oil, salt, garlic and jalapenos to the pot and simmer for another 30 minutes.